Tuesday 30 May 2017

May Smalls and WIPocalypse

As seems to be the case lately, I'm a little behind in my posts and have combined my smalls and WIPs. May was a very lean month as far as stitching was concerned. I attended the Prim Stitchers Society retreat during the first week of the month and it was downhill after that. I think I've only picked up my work 3 or 4 times since then. Other commitments have just taken over...... birthdays, Mother's day, gardening and some long overdue spring cleaning. I only have one small for the month to show you. This is Tulip House Stitching Companion by Blackbird Designs. I chose to finish it a little differently instead!

This piece was my exchange gift for the PSS Retreat. There were only 2 exchange gifts left to pick on the table, one of which was this one and my name still had not been called so one of the other ladies ran up to let them know so that I wouldn't end up with my own gift, lol. Here is the lovely gift that I did receive.



Isn't it gorgeous? Apparently it was a limited edition kit put out by With Thy Needle & Thread called Flag Day at the Potting Shed. Thank you again Ann Thompson for this lovely reminder of the retreat!

For my WIPocalypse this month I concentrated on Blackbird Designs Summer Jubilee. I really haven't got very far on it since last month. Time to pick up the pace!


I'm not totally thrilled with the difference in dye lots between the cover design and my own. In particular, the GA WoodRose used on the basket is too close to the outline of the basket done in WDW Hyacinth.The possibility exists that I might still restitch the outline in a darker pink. We'll see!

The remainder of the photos are of birthday gifts I received from my dear stitching friends Nan, Michelle, Cathy, and Pam. I loved each and every one that I received!

 This little mouse was handstitched out of mohair by Cathy!






 The Ball jar and oil can lid will be used to hold my crushed walnut
shells for stuffing. There is also an antique pin cushion with bone rings!
Thanks Michelle!


 Pam made this lovely pouch from scrap fabrics and her daughter
made the scissor fob.

 Nan gave me some lovely wool for finishes as well as
some awesome vintage bone buttons. The safety pin
on the left holds a collection of charms. As well there 
is a vintage pin box


I was spoiled rotten!!

That's it for this month. Next post I'll devote to the retreat with lots of pics of the event as well as some photos of the items I purchased there. See you in a bit!

6 comments:

  1. What a cute finish for Tulip House, I'm sure the recipient loved it.
    Great gift you received also!
    What nice B-Day gifts you received!
    Love Mr. Mouse. Enjoy your gifts.
    can't wait to see pics from the retreat.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitching finish is so pretty! And you received the nicest gifts for your birthday! Love that mouse, and what a great idea to use the oil can lid for crushed walnut shells.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Tulip House finish! What a fabulous exchange you received while at the PSS retreat! Lynn, you received lovely goodies for your birthday. I look forward to seeing your retreat pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is just full of eye candy! What a sweet, inspiring finish for the BBD! Will have to keep that in mind for something... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!! What great stitching gifts you received, I am amazed at that mouse!! And the oil can is perfect for filling stitches and love the wool felt and those bone buttons are great, I would love to find buttons like that on my never ending button acquisition quest! Looking forward to the retreat photos, I would love to go next year as it will be in Lancaster which is a doable drive for me. Just became a follower also. Mary@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  6. The piece you stitched and put together for the retreat is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Labels